Certification in Connecticut

Working In Connecticut – Getting Started

All audiologists and speech language pathologists working in Connecticut must be licensed by the Connecticut State Department of Health.

People new to the field of speech-language pathology must work under the supervision of a licensed professional in their field for 10 months before the license is issued.

If the training program you attended meets ASHA requirements your academic background is likely to meet licensing requirements.

To reach the Department of Health, please visit:

Connecticut Department of Public Health
Speech and Language Pathologist Licensure

410 Capitol Avenue MS#12 APP
P.O. Box 340308
Hartford, CT 06134-0308
Phone:  (860) 509-7603
Fax:  (860) 707-1930
Email:  dph.hairdresserteam@ct.gov

People who want to work in public schools must also be certified by the State Department of Education. Since all states have slight variations in their requirements for education certification you should contact the department directly to see if your course of study matches Connecticut requirements.

To reach the Department of Education, please visit:

Connecticut State Department of Education
Special Services Endorsements

P.O. Box 150471
Hartford, CT 06115-0471
E-mail: teacher.cert@ct.gov
Phone: (860) 713-6969 (Between the hours of 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
Fax: (860) 713-7017





Latest News

There Are Currently No Announcements




Featured Member


Member Directory

To see a listing of all active members leave all fields blank and select Search.


Newest Members

There Are No New Members