Frequently Asked Questions

The following are questions and answers that we often get regarding all things CSHA:

Q. How do I signup for membership?

A. You can register for membership on-line. Click here or on “Join” in the top right of the site to fill out your on-line application. For additional information, read our Tutorial .

Q. Will CSHA co-sponsor ASHA CEUs for continuing education events sponsored by other organizations?

A. Yes! The Connecticut Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CSHA) will individually administer co-sponsorship of continuing education (CE) activities that meet ASHA required guidelines. All events and topics must conform to ASHA guidelines for professional or related content. Speakers must possess professional qualifications. The focus of the activity must not be for the sale of a specific product. CSHA will not co-sponsor activities three weeks before or after a CSHA continuing education activity. See our Guidelines For Co-Sponsorship of CE Activities document for further information and guidelines.

The following are questions and answers regarding working in schools:

Q. What are the Roles and Responsibilities of Speech Language Pathologists in Schools?

A. Click here for information provided by ASHA.

Q. Where do I find information regarding Training, Use and Supervision of Speech-Language Pathology Aides and Assistants in Connecticut?

A. Click here for information provided by SERC.

The following are questions and answers for students and prospective students:

Q. Is there an Speech Language Hearing Association for students?

A. Yes there is! Please visit the NSSLHA site to learn more.

Q. Which Connecticut schools offer programs in Speech-Language-Hearing?