Please click HERE to review CSHA's Conflict of Interest Policy for our Conferences.
Click HERE to review ASHA's CEU Requirements
Save the Date!
CSHA Fall Conference
October 22, 2015
Farms Country Club
Dyslexia, Assessment and Intervention in School Age Children
Cognitive Rehabilitation for Neurogenic Communication Disorders:
Additional Information and Registration Details will be available here soon! Please check back!
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center’s Treatment and Research Institute for Autism Spectrum Disorders (TRIAD) is pleased to announce this year’s ADOS-2 Clinical Training and Research Reliability Training. The VKC website offers a full description of workshops and event fliers.
ADOS-2 Advanced Clinical / Research Reliability Training
Join us at a Hanen Centre More Than Words® Certification Workshop
at Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort in the Berkshire hills of western Massachusetts
Whether you are an experienced clinician or a new graduate, the More Than Words® Certification workshop will enrich the service you offer to families of children with autism spectrum disorder. This 3-day experiential, intensive workshop provides an evidence-based program and framework for involving parents in their child’s intervention, fulfilling the key criteria for effective early intervention for young children on the autism spectrum, which include: intervention must occur early in the child’s life and be intensive; must involve parents and target functional, spontaneous communication and play; must have clear goals, with a systematic way of achieving these (National Research Council, 2001).
When you take More Than Words, you get:
· Interaction strategies that address the specific challenges faced by children with ASD (e.g. attention, joint attention, shared enjoyment and social communication)
· Guidelines for selecting appropriate communication goals for individual children with ASD
· A framework for applying the principles of adult education to help parents learn and implement strategies flexibly and across contexts.
· Hands-on training to prepare you to lead More Than Words– The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children on the Autism Spectrum
· A comprehensive set of resources to use within your More Than Words Programs, as well as in your everyday work with families (valued at $275)
· A one-year renewable Hanen membership offering ongoing opportunities to enhance your clinical skills
You can find out more about the More Than Words workshop by visiting the Hanen website at http://www.hanen.org/MTWworkshop
Workshop space is limited and fills up quickly! Please register as soon as possible if you’re interested in attending click here.
TalkTools upcoming events:
OCT 9-10 | Staten Island, NY
A Three-Part Treatment Plan for Oral Placement Therapy
OCT 10 | Queens, NY
Transitioning Muscle Memory into Speech Sound Production
OCT 16-17 | Mountainside, NJ
Feeding Therapy: A Sensory-Motor Approach
IT'S TIME TO RENEW YOUR CSHA MEMBERSHIP!
Our membership year now runs from February 1 to January 31.
Please join or renew to enjoy the benefits of CSHA membership, including reduced Conference registration Fees.
Click on our Membership Tutorial if you are having any difficulty.
Click HERE for the latest Legislative Update!
The Winter 2015 Newsletter is now available!
You must be a member to access our newsletter.
Site Design and/or Hosting by