The ASHA Assistants Certification application is now available online. These two new certifications—one for audiology assistants and one for speech-language pathology assistants (SLPAs)—offers the perfect opportunity for practicing assistants to take the next step in their career. ASHA certification provides more than just a title; certification demonstrates to peers, supervisors, and clients that the assistant has advanced capabilities and shows dedication to their profession.
As the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology continue to evolve, we want to make sure that they’re on top. Here are just five of the many reasons to become an ASHA-certified assistant.
- Show your commitment. ASHA certification establishes your level of commitment to your role within the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology and reinforces your dedication to peers, clients, and supervisors.
- Demonstrate your knowledge. Achieving ASHA certification shows that you have the expertise not only to do your job but to do it well.
- Stand out. ASHA certification helps to distinguish you from other assistants and to showcase your ability to excel in schools, health care clinics, hospitals, private practice, and other professional settings.
- Stay current. As a certified assistant, you will grow and stay engaged in your profession with continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Earn recognition from peers. As an ASHA-certified professional, you can expect increased recognition from your peers for taking that extra step in your professional development.
Visit ashaassistants.org for details.