ASHA’s Dysphagia Competency Verification Tool (DCVT) is a resource for clinicians to use for self-assessment and for employers, supervisors, or preceptors to use as a tool for evaluating and documenting dysphagia knowledge and skill competencies. It is available for download from ASHA’s Practice Portal, Tools and Templates. This tool was developed by Special Interest Group 13, Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia) and the American Board of Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders (AB-SSD) Joint Committee on Dysphagia Competencies in response to affiliates’ request for guidance for establishing and measuring clinical competence in the areas of feeding, swallowing, and swallowing disorders. Here is a DCVT User’s Guide as well.
- National Stuttering Association Hosts Free “Self-Advocacy At Work” Webinar
- ASHA Identify the Signs of Communication Disorders
- ASHA Announces January – March 2019 ACE Winners
- Joint Habilitation/Rehabilitation Benefit Coverage Statement: Guide to Assessing Adequacy of Benefits
- ASHA’s Dysphagia Competency Verification Tool (DCVT)