It Takes Two to Talk is a 3-day workshop that offers hands-on, interactive training on parent-implemented, family-centered early language intervention for Speech-Language Pathologists who work with young children with language delays (birth to 5 years) and their families. You’ll learn effective, research-based strategies for involving parents in the early intervention process to ensure the best possible outcomes for their child.
When you take It Takes Two to Talk, you get:
- 2.2 ASHA Continuing Education Credits or 22 Professional Development Hours
- An effective teaching methodology for coaching parents to use responsive interaction strategies
- An overview of learning styles and principles of adult education and their application to facilitating parents’ learning to be effective language facilitators
- The stages of learning in terms of self-awareness, attitude and behavior change and how to adapt the use of coaching and videotaping with feedback to each stage in order to facilitate parents’ learning and application of strategies
- Certification to lead the evidence-based It Takes Two to Talk – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Language Delay
- An overview of It Takes Two to Talk’s three clusters of responsive interaction strategies – child-centered, interaction-promoting, and language modeling strategies
- A comprehensive set of resources to use within your It Takes Two to Talk Programs, as well as in your everyday work with families (valued at $270)
- Access to the member-only It Takes Two to Talk Parent workbook designed specifically for use in one-to-one therapy
- A one-year, renewable Hanen membership offering ongoing opportunities to enhance your clinical skills
Registration is now open! Spaces are limited and spots fill quickly!